iWork '08 Unboxing and Review

You may remember from my previous post about the new MacBooks that I mentioned that I had purchased a copy of iWork '08 for school. I recorded an unboxing video, but I went through a lot of issues with it before I finally called in good ol' LegoShark for editing assistance. I lost all the audio for some reason, but it's fine.



I really love iWork. Every since I tried the free trial about a month ago, I've been in love with how awesome it is. Keynote is so much better than Powerpoint. It has very elegant slide templates that really set it apart from it's competition. Pages is nice. There's not really that much that I look for in a word processing application, but Pages' elegant layout and rich set of features really makes it great. I like it a whole lot more than Microsoft Word 2007. I don't really do much with spreadsheets ever, so it's kind of hard to give my impression on Numbers, but so far it seems like it works. I tried making a simple spreadsheet with equasions and a graph, and I really love the graphing features. The charts are so beautiful, it's hard to even describe without showing them.


0 comments: