Jobs Taking a Leave of Absense

Steve Jobs announced today that he will be taking a leave of absence until June for medical reasons. This news comes following his announcement shortly before the MacWorld keynote that he was suffering from a hormonal imbalance, and expects to make a full recovery soon. This assured us that his weight loss wasn't something more serious like a relapse of cancer which he had in 2004. Here is the announcement he sent to Apple Employees:

Team,


I am sure all of you saw my letter last week sharing something very
personal with the Apple community. Unfortunately, the curiosity over my
personal health continues to be a distraction not only for me and my
family, but everyone else at Apple as well. In addition, during the
past week I have learned that my health-related issues are more complex
than I originally thought.


In order to take myself out of the limelight and focus on my health,
and to allow everyone at Apple to focus on delivering extraordinary
products, I have decided to take a medical leave of absence until the
end of June.


I have asked Tim Cook to be responsible for Apple’s day to day
operations, and I know he and the rest of the executive management team
will do a great job. As CEO, I plan to remain involved in major
strategic decisions while I am out. Our board of directors fully
supports this plan.


I look forward to seeing all of you this summer.


Steve






0 comments: